Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Son Is Nice To Have!



My son has come to help us for a few days. I didn't have to ask him twice. Just told him we needed some help. The below zero temps seem to be harder on us this year than before. So we asked him to help and here he is. Just for a couple of days and it has been a relief for us. Sometimes you just need to ask for a hand from someone.

I am thankful to have a son who is never too busy for his mother. Never forgets me or lets too much time go by before he calls me. Stays in touch all the time with me. And now here he is splitting firewood, feeding my horses, carrying water, etc. No thinking twice about it or giving me excuses why he couldn't do it. I am truly blessed by a wonderful son!


Copyright © 2011  Kathleen G. Lupole
All Photographs Copyright © 2011  Kathleen G. Lupole

6 comments:

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

How nice!
I'm drooling over your stove there. It's so cool looking! Is it woodburning?

Lori said...

DITTO! "A Son Is Nice To Have". I've been blessed twice by 2 wonderful sons and a third time by the birth of my wonderful daughter. So I can totally relate to your words. Your son is so awesome because he has such an awesome Mama! That's you!

Unknown said...

I am glad you have a son who is a good son :)

Lilac Cottage Homestead said...

You are truely blessed with a wonderful son! But I don't beleive that he is your son. You don't look old enough to have a son that old. :o)

Kelly

Crown of Beauty said...

This was such a refreshing post to read. Your son was so kind to come over to help you. What a blessing indeed!

Blessings,
Lidj

Annie said...

That is so wonderful Kat that he is able to come and lend a hand! And you get a visit with him at the same time!